The Santa Clara Sports Group (SCSG) is a division of the Santa Clara Chamber of Commerce and Convention-Visitors Bureau. Our ultimate goal is to host more sporting events to increase the economic impact for the city of Santa Clara community and its hotels.
Santa Clara has the combination of world-class sports facilities and community volunteers to make the city a top destination for sporting events. The SCSG will have a board of directors of between 12 and 15 people representing sports facilities and organizations throughout the city.
HOW Funding sources for SCSG will include mostly corporate donations (cash and/or in-kind services) with some advertising and marketing funding from the Tourism Improvement District (TID).
SCSG meets on a quarterly basis to focus on existing sporting events in Santa Clara and to attract additional events and establish leads and future business for the city.
Santa Clara Sports Group (SCSG) Board:
- California's Great America - 5k/10k Run
- City of Santa Clara Parks and Recreation – Youth Activity Center, Central Park
- Mission College Athletics – Baseball/softball fields, gymnasium
- Santa Clara Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB)
- Santa Clara Swim Club – George F. Haines International Swim Center
- Santa Clara University Athletics - Leavey Center, Schott Stadium, Buck Shaw Stadium, Sullivan Aquatic Center
- Santa Clara Vanguard - PACIFIC PROCESSION event
- San Francisco 49ers – Santa Clara Stadium
- Tourism Improvement District (TID)